Saturday, May 22, 2010

A humble beginning

I used to be able to teach. Now I cannot teach.

For some reason (my guess is old age), I can no longer think and talk at the same time. I either think or talk - never both at the same time. And as you can imagine, that makes things pretty uncomfortable on both sides of the podium when I'm up front.

But as long as my lips aren't moving I'm okay. And so, I decided to do a blog.

The title was chosen to describe both my rookie-hood in blogging, and the fact that I'm not nearly as mature a disciple as I'd like to be at this point in my life. I suspect others may feel the same.

I've heard it said that there is no problem in the world that a greater understanding of God will not solve. (Actual quote: "We can trace all our human problems to our view of God." Bill Bright - www.discovergod.com).

In fact, God says His people suffer terribly when they lack knowledge of Him. I've found that to be true in my life, and I have no doubt it's equally true for everyone else - even if they don't realize it. Without question, the truth & knowledge of God is critically lacking and desperately needed in the world today. My prayer is that "A Work in Progress" will help bridge that gap.

Now the problem.

I hate the word "blog". I really do. It's a reasonless but passionate hatred, and so I refuse to use it. It sounds like something flat and slimey that sixth grade girls would scream about. Nasty word!

Instead, I choose to call my postings "blods". Ah, blods! That's nice, no? A much less disgusting sound with a meaning built right in: "Blods" are blogs about God.

And so, I teach without moving my lips.
Stay tuned!